At The Seams

Behind an infinity of zeros
Empty gardens
Baby and Yo’s
And sellers’ markets
A villain not a hero
I find my heart not hardened

My words
But a dream
Are they spoken and heard
Becoming to be
My love, beautiful girl
Love bursting at the seams

* * *

Behind wonder and amazement
Gasps and sighs
Such is entertainment
Wondering why
I fret
And try to hide

My fear
Of a queen
You can’t be real
Yet it seems
This thrill
Desire bursting at the seams

* * *

Behind trying and lying
Drips and drops
Begging and crying
You’re so damn hot
Who is dying?
And who is not

Not a man
But Beauty and the Beast
The monster I am
A sin to want and need
Am I damned?
Hell bursting at the seams

* * *

Stretching, popping, and bursting
Set me free
Of this yearning
Bursting at the seams

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment