Behind The Line

The minute, hour, and second hand
Me beside the past and the future can
And will remain
Exactly same
I jump absurdity
Into eternity

The velvet rope and the bouncers’ nope
Kill what’s left of hope
Call it love or lust
Me and you, no us

I jump, assail
My way into Hell

Electronic impulses find my mind
Empty and blind
Ricochet
Not one more day

I jump, the sight
In the darkness is the light

Read between the lines
And you’ll find
These words
A mistake for you girl

I jump and descend
Into madness again

Be it Heaven’s Light
Or Hell’s Right
Maybe nothing
I’m jumping

I jump God divine
To something that is mine

Maybe the grass is greener
The girls are sweeter
Heaven’s lighter
Or Hell is brighter
Than they say
So I go my own way

Flying or falling
Dying or calling
In a favor
On life I gave up
Let me sign
And jump behind the line

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment