Orange You Glad

Paint It Black” paint you black; isn’t that what I’m offering or maybe it’s more that I’m offering you the darkness in order for you to shine brighter. I offer you all the time I have left and when I die if you truly are the one I love, with what words I have to give I offer you immortality but you want the now.

My heart has been shattered and with it the light, no wonder I look to beautiful girls full of light, color, and beauty to replace the nothingness I see inside myself. The thing is I don’t need much light just enough to beat out the most terrible darkness that is inside me, enough for me to see. So is that it, I’m offering to let you save me and in truth I don’t want to be saved, if anything I just want someone to burn with me, a fallen angel, hellfire.

All I have plenty of is time, at least for love, at least for you but what is it that I want to do with that time; I wonder have you read my other entries. I gave Chrissy a year and a half of my life but of course she brought me back from the dead; how I would love to leave this world, no a girl like you with the truth that you are beautiful, that you are loved, and that no matter what happens to me that such a love will never die. You might be “Just Another Girl” though and what do I have right now other than my darkness, my words, and time.

I can promise that I won’t get “Tired of You” if you truly are my love and that “I’ll Be” the greatest fan of your life. In the end though what do I truly know about love, I’m not ripe yet so honestly you’re like all the others, Orange You Glad.

~Orange You Glad~

Ripe
Season of love
Do you like?
Am I enough?

Fallen, picked, or plucked
From so many to be
If I have such luck
I guess we shall see
To only… or be in love
You and me

As I’m stripped and peeled
The inside of me
My fate is sealed
Is this happening?
To know, to feel
With you to be

The taste, the rush
A sweet confection
Becoming us
Natural selection
Love and lust
Lips an intersection

My beautiful girl
A flood
Not one word
The flavor, the touch
My world
This love

But this season
This time
Doesn’t look a thing like Jesus
So you won’t be mine
I’ll have no reason
And you’ll say goodbye

Ripe
Far better to be rotten
Won’t love me right?
My love for you stoppin’

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment