A Lovely Death

It’s venom I’ve never tasted
But with thoughts of a drop
I remain wasted
My cup filled to the top
Yet not sated
You’re so damn hot

It’s a blade I’ve never felt
But when you I see
I melt
And I bleed
Damn I wish I was someone else
Worthy of thee

It’s a scent I’ve never breathed
Yet such a perfume
Makes me hunger and need
I swoon
Intoxicating
The want of you

It’s an opiate I’ve never swallowed
But you’re so damn high
And I have no choice but to follow
As you fly
Yet I dream there is no tomorrow
Because I fall, drift, and want to die

It’s a gun I’ve never fired
Yet all I am splatters
For it’s you I desire
Words, gifts, promises don’t matter
As I lie in the muck and mire
Can I be sadder?

Why is love such a lie
You and me, what’s left?
But for me to cry
Live with what I said
I have long said goodbye
Yet the goddess whispers “not yet”
To love you is suicide
A slow but lovely kind of death

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment