Dead Beat

Chain… Saw
And worn
I stand in awe
Torn and adorned
Dead
But stranger still
Take my head
When it’s my heart you fear

The tug and the pull
Hope but the tether
My heart is full
Never, ever, forever
Ugh
For us to be together

Impressive is the weight
This cross to bear
Yet… you don’t hate
Year and a half so there
That was the wait
To know you didn’t care

Link by link by damn link
Wrote, recorded, and forged
Do the dead really sleep?
Not anymore
Resurrected… I think
What did I love you for?

Built my prison
Heart a shell
You were Heaven
And I couldn’t tell
Pretend you never did it
Sent me to Hell

Feel that boom
It is but a lie
How I am doomed
Wasn’t I alive?
Never too soon
So I wonder why

Chainsaw
Zombie
Isn’t that all
End this sweet misery
Which is love
You’re still so dear
Not my head to cut
When it’s my heart you fear

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment