Son of Father Time

One time I remember
As if it changes
The month’s not September
And I’m not famous
I just know it hurts
From twenty-seven to one
At birth
Should have been done

Sometimes I remember
Bad things
Ask me about the good… ever
You might say everything
Take it, steal it, have it
Because sometimes
Hell even shit
Isn’t mine

Wrong time I remember
This breath and the next
A virgin, sober, never on a bender
Love and feeling, confused with sex
But I’m the bad guy
I’m always wrong
Yet my try at suicide
Gets the gong

Downtime I remember
Best I ever had
To be asleep forever
Wouldn’t that just please Dad
Mad world
When I’m not down
Dreaming of a pretty girl
Without a frown

Now’s the time I remember
Or maybe begin to forget
Dare I imagine better
Maybe I could let
Him slip away
Can you just die?
Like all my wishes… someday

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment