Stars and Stripes, Strikes Against Love

Set in the present, this love story
A future for us girl…
What I long to see
You and me against the world
Has my head been rung?
This love I barely knew her
We’ve only just begun
As I dream of a future

Spoken in soft breaths
Or only with our lips
Remembering when we first met
How easily we could have missed
Took my breath away
I was shot by Cupid’s arrow
Yet on that day
Rose this young Othello

So long that little boy
To become a man
Did not have a choice
If I can be, I am
Yours
Real and not a play
Because love is worth fighting for
That is to say

Something or more than just a touch
Such want, need, and desire
You’re the one I’m dreaming of
Call it love, sin, and fire
Baby I’m amazed
By such heat
A blaze
Just to be

Sounding out
The boom inside my chest
Oh how it pounds
Never at rest
And I’m losing this battle
Keeping it inside
It tattles
Can’t hide

Stars And Stripes, Strikes
Haven’t I had enough?
Knowing you and I
Can never be in love…

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment