Blue Poseidon

Pools, lakes, rivers, and streams
I have dreamed a dream
For your reflection is all I see
Stretched out across the sea
Across the long miles, the distance
Between your kisses
How I cannot yet feel
This space to fill

 My heart lies drowning
Such pounding, resounding
As it fights it’s way up
Am I lost to love?
Peace, be still
If you were ever so near
The waves crash and the thunder roars
Yet I want more

 For I thirst and hunger
I’m falling under
Your siren’s spell
All the fires of Hell
Cannot quench desire
Though I may tire
Helen of Troy, no Miss
But only your kiss

 Do I end up happy?
Or bluer than the sea
Tears of joy
Oh boy
Drawn to the rocks
Wondering how to stop
Currents and tides
To stay by your side

 And not be a reflection
A wide collection
Of Tears For Fears
Odysseus lost for years
Seeking Medusa
Saying I knew her
But only you
Don’t make me blue

 Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment