Next Step, Next Beat

Closer… than genius and insanity
Than God and his humanity
My logic and reason… caught
Trap of Love but a thought
That you draw ever nearer
How you become ever dearer

As you take my breath away
So I will breathe someday
For we are so much closer
And the waiting will be over
When I can breathe again
Be more than a friend

Call it courage or stupidity
Could love have such lucidity?
Would I be so brave?
Or shall I look away
This love it could be anything
Yet you are my everything

Holding hands across the street
Imagine, real, or just a dream
Close your eyes and wander
If this time wasn’t squandered
Should we be so close?
In old age, to toast

Both the knowledge and sorrow
So much later… for tomorrow
Just another day I might
Finally get to hold you tight
They sing… young hearts, run free
But in that next step… we will see

You and me… this love
I wonder is it enough
The two of us close in
A boy and a girl begin
Still could it be so
Someday I hope to know

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment