Are You... Just A Girl

Are you a princess, some fairytale?
The truth of Grim, they don’t end well
I’m not a prince, not even dapper
Can’t promise you happily ever after
Maybe a monster an ogre not it
What would you be with true love’s first kiss?
I knew a princess that said to me
Nothing at all, I was sorry…

Are you a siren, makes me a buffoon
The song of a siren only spells doom
You can be beautiful and so very sweet
But you and I, won’t ever meet
I would try to guide my ship to shore
Only to rest on oceans' floor
I knew a siren my heart on the rocks
Sirens do sing and curse my lot

Are you an angel? But I can’t fly
Gone to Hell when I died
For it was you I truly loved
But to love was not enough
I can be good I can be nice
But I am evil my pleasure is vice
I knew an angel; yes I did sin
Without you, I’ll never get in

Are you a goddess, I lose my faith
Be it blessing or grave mistake
For I believed, I still do
But faith is lie, or maybe just you
I worshipped and said my Rosary
An antichrist, you don’t want me
I knew a goddess, high above
But not for me she ever felt love

But you are a girl at least what I see
Until I do fall in love with thee
If just a girl could be a new chapter
Maybe I’d love happily ever after
A princess or siren if it happens to you
An angel or goddess what would I do
Just be who you are, my love is assured
I’ll be a boy in love with a girl

Copyright © 2009, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment