Before You Leave... Please Stay

Before you leave shouldn’t there be
Something more for you and me
A smile a wave or maybe this
Something small, a goodbye kiss

Rushing away into the light
We held each other in the night
Off so soon into the sun
A moment more don’t have to run

Did you remember everything?
Your clothes, your shoes, your cell, and keys
One more thing as you depart
I know that you have stolen my heart



Should you leave, can’t there be
Something more for you and me
Gave me a night, a moment too
Just another to be with you

For what there is outside the door
Nothing more than nevermore
If this is love I set you free
Fear you won’t return to me

Surely you forgot something
Another treasure given me
I promise it won’t break apart
You feel the same… I have your heart



You can stay, oh don’t you see
Something more for you and me
No hello and no goodbye
Just together here we lie

Let the morning come and go
We together just to hold
And as we greet another night
Never dream we say goodbye

For I know that I love you
Dare I say you love me too?
What I want, please will you to stay?
Today, tonight, forever… always

Copyright © 2009, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment