To Grant... Love

A genie in a magic lamp
My one wish he could not grant
All I’d want to have him do
Is have your love my dearest true

To be a prince so I could shine
Save my life when in a bind
Give me treasure just to start
What I want is just your heart

Make excuses can’t fall in love
Know the truth I’m not enough
But still I wait for only this
Magic genie that’s my wish



I can pray to God above
Perhaps he’d shower me with love
Yet all I pray for in the world
Is to have, your love girl

Some would say he’d make me whole
Better yet he’d save my soul
But I don’t care I’d be in Hell
If you were, I’d be there

God gives one and all free will
I know the answer and the deal
For it’s you I love today
To be with me and so I pray



I make a wish upon my heart
Yet for me it is so hard
Because I know it’s my mistake
My poor heart you will break

Hearts do grow so very small
And mine soon won’t be at all
Left a hole, and my evil
So how is it I still see you

With all I am to say and do
Here’s the truth; I love you
But I will wish upon my heart
And for you it breaks apart

Copyright © 2009, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment