Words Are Out

Your spit and your spittle
A lot not a little
This flood not a dribble

As you scream and yell
Echoes are Hell
And tears from my eyes
And you’re surprised

Your ink as you sign
My life, dotted line
At birth, should have died

As you write and note everything
That means nothing
Just like me
Yes I read

Your words meaningless drabble
To infuriate ignite the rabble
Words like apples

As they all fall down on my head
Lies leading to truths leading to dead
Ignorance is not bliss and not enough
Shut the fuck up

Your blood; the drips and drops
I’m getting hot
But to the point you’ve stopped

As in talking now but screaming
And I must be dreaming
Because no longer your words
Mine are heard


Your air, breathing will stop
For now there is a lot
Those words from you a dot

As in period, ended, and my turn to speak
Because this is what I seek
My own sound, my words, and my voice
And you and me have no choice

When my lips no longer beg and plead
Mother, father, sister, please
And all the pretty little girls
It’s time to learn

When my hands no longer dance on keyboards, with pens
I’m not writing for me, you, or him
Civil blood makes civil hands unclean
Not me anymore but you do bleed

When my words are no longer sweet and kind
Your nightmares but sweet dreams mine
And my voice can spell your end
What’s my line, “Off with her head”

I’ll spell LIFE out; I’ll have the words
For all the girls
And this whole world


Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment