Copycat

Copycat… your look
Like her, that’s all it took
To make me want, to make me need
Brought me back, to live and be
But you weren’t real; you were a thought
A dream of “her” is what I saw

And that’s enough, that’s all it took
Why I want to be with her

Faker… your voice
Damning silence, please make noise
Just say my name or say whatever
Be like her and tell me never
Tell a story; sing a song
So I know that you’re not gone

But doesn’t matter what you say
She is gone; she wouldn’t stay

Pretender… your way
This is a mistake
How my heart skips a beat
I think you’re so sweet
And your touch
To hold you so much

But my heart, does know the truth
If I see her, you have to move

Clone… your moves
Make me swoon
In the dark, bodies entwined
I almost believe you’re mine
Well aren’t you… you’re not
But you’re so damn hot

Am I wrong or right?
Wanting her tonight

Usurper… your day
It’s not today
I held you in the night
But now there’s light
And here’s the truth
Me lying here without you

All alone… not happy I feel
Because she’s not here

Just a copy, her doppelganger
Wanting love, I banged her
A faker, a pretender
Because I can’t have her
Clone and usurper
This love still burns
Copycat you’re not her so
Here’s your money; you can go

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment