Green To Go

Don’t want to be a prince
For princess that I saw
Once it was a wish
But I am a frog
Yet I wonder why
You will not love me
To look around and sigh
I’m already green

* * *

Envy in your eyes
They say with it you’re green
You look at handsome guys
And you get so mean

It’s not so easy is it?
Being just like me
I still want you princess
I’m already green

* * *

His pockets full of cash
I carry nothing see
Is that worth your ass?
Not love but want of green

Life with him is easy
But you are all I need
Even if he’s sleazy
I’m already green

* * *

Is it a disease?
Yes they call it love
You look a little green
Too little or too much

He takes care of you?
Or leaves you when you need
I am lovesick too
I’m already green

* * *

Is he there for you?
In the summer green
Or does he want to move
Another in the breeze

Does he only bug?
He might want to flee
But you I want to hug
I’m already green

* * *

Are you just the stop?
Or are you in the green
Is it just you’re hot
Will you be his queen?

As I cross the road
You would not wait for me
Call me frog or toad
I’m already green

* * *

Like Kermit once told me
It’s not easy being green
But in the end you see
He got his Miss Piggy
So I can’t be a prince
And you will not love me
Can you face what’s it
We’re already green

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment