The Harm of a Cookie

The freshness
A fresh baked batch of cookies
So warm, so soft
And to be the first
Can you blame me?

But they’re for dessert hmm…
When all I can eat is Jell-O
What’s the harm?
In a cookie

The Want
Eyes gazing
Mouth watering
Just a peek
Hot like an oven

But they’re for a party
Parties I never got invited to
What’s the harm?
In a cookie

The sugary sweetness
Tasty
A rush of energy
Like a kid again
How sweet it is

But they’re not for me
Left out for Santa
What’s the harm?
In a cookie

The flavor
So many tastes
And to savor them
I never got the chance
Too many

But others get to try
Movies, TV, Music
What’s the harm?
In a cookie

The Cookie Monster
Yeah I wouldn’t mind
Not a boy, not yet a man
How I wish I was a monster
Cookie, cookie, cookie!!!

But he gets to
Thought he’s changing his ways
What’s the harm?
In a cookie

I know the harm of cookies
And no they won’t spoil my appetite

But

I have to wait
Let the little boys have them
And the little girls too

So I talk about cookies
Write about cookies
Dream about cookies
Remember cookies
And why can’t I still want cookies

Yes I should be wanting pie
And I do

But what’s the harm of a cookie
What Harm?

If I’m not eating one…

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment