Take Me Home

I couldn’t offer her my cash
What I had it never last
Can’t buy her drinks or pay the bill
Looked at her my fate was sealed
I turned to go her hand did lay
Upon my own to bid me stay
I’d come so far this night to roam
She said to me “take me home”

I couldn’t offer her my words
To watch her there, this pretty girl
My mind was blank my words were gone
It seemed it all was going wrong
She’s an angel she must fly
And what am I, the nicest guy
But in my heart such evil sown
She said to me “take me home”

I couldn’t off her my heart
Girls like her had torn apart
For a moment there was lust
But who am I to dream of such
I could pretend that I did love
Doesn’t matter not enough
Yet this night won’t be alone
All she said was “Take Me Home”

Copyright © 2010, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment