You Have To Wait

I waited in silence like I was a fool
Waiting to hear what I already knew
Hoping the words I hear you say
You love me at least for today
But the truth in which you spoke
Loving me well no you don’t
And still I wait the sound it lacks
Waiting for you to call me back

I waited to see, I waited so long
Waiting for beauty, your goodness and wrong
Hoping you’d see, hoping you’d touch
Find me here with all of your love
Maybe you’re blind or I can’t see
Look in the mirror no girl wants me
And still I wait to open my eyes
Waiting for you, what a surprise

I waited in love my heart on the line
Knowing the answer no need to decide
Piecing my heart back together again
Hoping this once that I’m gonna win
But you take my love struck heart
Tear it, stomp it, broke it apart
And still I wait with pieces and all
Waiting with my heart so small

You wait there, against the wall
Do you wait for me at all?
Should I whisper, should I talk?
Tell you stay or take a walk
I see you there and I do lust
Is there more is this enough
My dearest love and great mistake
Will I come; you have to wait…

Copyright © 2010, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment