Behind The Bells

If I were my mouth to run
Best learn to breathe without my lungs
I might sound crazy or in my car
Girl you’re amazing, the way you are
Just a thought if you heard me
So much to say, I wouldn’t breathe
But just one word I’m dreaming of
It is you… my girl, my love

If you’re a siren, you have sung
I am sprung; I’m lost, I’m done
It could just be your voice, the sound
All I know… I want you around
Be this love is right or wrong
Your voice is my favorite song
And I long for words, your touch
For me alone to sing of love

If just a kiss, slip of the tongue
A lust, a love, and life begun
To have your taste upon my lips
Bring me joy and bring me bliss
Sweet temptation I know of
But to know your ambrosia
All of you I must know of
Never tire of this love

If you were here I might go mum
I’d want to sing but I would hum
A word to you I’d want to speak
I would be shy; my knees get weak
And all the words I write today
Well they would never sound the same
Might be a little, maybe too much
How could I just speak of love?

If you were mine I would be done
To lie with you, here comes the sun
It’s just a dream, a wish, untrue
I dream of honey and the moon
This feeling comes; always a but
A girl like you will never love
My lady, your song you’ve sung
Don’t hear the bells, they’ve already rung

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment