Running With Love... and Other Sharp Objects

Poked, shot, struck down
By Cupid’s arrow
This lonely fellow
But hello

Fine
Sublime
Girl who will never be mine

* * *

Your fingertips
How I will miss
A touch
You brush
My skin
Such sin

* * *

And your words
So beautiful girl
Your smile
I’d walk a thousand miles
For a song
Is that wrong

* * *

Buttons popping
Pants dropping
Zippers cutting
And I’m huffing
At the look of you
For you are too beautiful to be true

* * *

Your kiss
I miss
The taste
To chase
A vampire
If you I could sire


* * *

To take your hand
I’d be your man
But this love story
Ends gory
Without a sound
You’ll strike me down

* * *

As the Aztecs
I’ll be next
You’ll never say yes
I won’t have sex

Not one night
No love for life
Love cuts like a knife

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment