My Hellish Skyline

The torture from most bloody hands
Dare he call himself a man?
Is Heaven painted red I see?
Finally to murder me
No need for sticks, no need for stones
His flesh reduces me to bones

Not my grave and not my bed
Call this moment, just my death
Such a blessing just to die
Bloody hands make my skyline

Tears and fears, within their eyes
Mother, sister, tell me why
No not for me they shed a tear
Love and joy, I know they feel
Lifetime spent, a moment’s horror
Knowing I’m not here tomorrow

Crumbs against the kitchen floor
Son and brother they abhor
Happiness, how they will find
Eyes approving, my skyline

Camera clicks from all the others
Another death, another brother
This “suicide”… it has to be
The suspect list now let me see
Everyone to watch me bleed
But not a one is found guilty

Lying here it was my fate
Just my shell they want to trace
They stare upon my chalk outline
A dozen gaze, that’s my skyline

Fangs and smiles
For how many miles
Maybe in my mind’s eye
Above me, surprise, surprise
Smiles turn to laughter
Happily ever after

With a full grave
A sooner someday
No longer see the bright sunshine
How dirty is my skyline

Whispered words… upon the start
Stabbing and gouging, my broken heart
And my words that’s left to all
Green of trees, no cash it falls
I was so worthless; I fall below
Where are they headed? To the mall they go

As I look to Heaven, there’s only smoke
At least down here there is no hope
No life, no peace, no love, that’s fine
Than hope for God, that’s my skyline

Far underneath this mass of flesh
To finally die that’s for the best
Fighting for… oh never mind
Hell you brought, that’s my skyline

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment