Nowhere To Love

Nowhere, for
There are doors

To be knocked
And locked
Slammed
Because they can
Doorbells
Rejection can be Hell

Nowhere, you know
There are windows

The glass
Blinds close fast
Tapped
And trapped
My words
Won’t be heard

Nowhere, you saw
There are walls

Behind today
What I want to say
A fool
That can’t be cool
So I burn
And yearn

Nowhere, too far
There is a yard

And I must get off
Maybe get lost
Flowers in bloom
But none as pretty as you
Inside
We both hide

Nowhere, to try
There are eyes

Theirs
I cannot bear
Yours
Behind those doors
And mine know
No home so…

Outside
Wild, free, alive
Or homeless
But know this
I try
Though I’m terribly shy

To find a place to go
Somewhere only we know
I can have what I’m dreaming of
You, because here there is Nowhere to Love

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment