Skyrocketing

Well shaped
Big and round
But today
How tightly I’m bound
To what I’ll pay

For such beauty
“Staring” stop it
Woe is me
Prices skyrocket

Like the tide I obey
Flowing into the blackness
A dream I say
Me and her like this
But there’s a price to pay

As day becomes night
Some home, to lock it
Yet where do I lie?
Prices skyrocket

A curve from play
Or straight and narrow
But up today
Though a poor fellow
Someone has to pay

For the pleasure
Don’t knock it
The treasure
Prices skyrocket

On the sky, stars lay
Taken and spent
To buy the day
For other men
That can pay

And they love a girl
But I cannot drop it
Knowing the world
Prices skyrocket

Love, so they say
Is free
Yet alone I lay
Poor little me
I cannot pay

Company, one night fling, so you’ll love me
With empty pockets
In love… it pays to be
Prices skyrocket

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment