Pillow... Case

Time… maybe today, tonight, or someday
Love at first sight
Yet I say “yeah right”
For me it was too late

Maybe it was too soon
The words
Pretty girl
Beauty and the nerd
But I was doomed

Weapon… smart, beautiful, and funny
The beauty in your eyes
Your sexy thighs
Maybe it was just your yes honey

And my guard was down
I let you into my house
You a cat and me a mouse
Please stay; don’t get out
The song “I Want You Around”

Crime… only love
You and I
How I hope I’m right
If I were enough

Of a victim
Taking
Creating
Making
Why choose me, not him?

Evidence… it’s everywhere
Not difficult to detect
Even on the Internet
We just didn’t care

Only you and me
And I was gone
Maybe wrong
Sailing to your siren’s song
So happy

Bodies… together
Showing off our sin
I would never say, “you win”
But whatever

A moment a kiss
Beneath the trees, inside the car
In my bed; beneath the stars
Wherever we are
You and me… case dismissed

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment