Across My Heart

Dare to dream, this star-crossed lover
Wanting you, just you and no other
And so I turn off the light
But I feel no fright
Because these dreams tonight
So close or so far away
Is this someday?

How wires get crossed
Am I still so lost?
Won’t you become my spark?
The light in the dark
Already you speak to my heart
You have the power
Every day, every moment, every hour

These X’s and O’s
Why is love so?
Only to dream of you as mine
This moment of your time
Should I pray to the divine?
Someday you might feel the same
That this is more than a game

Across the universe
If you’re in the world
Maybe
We could be…
Wishing you could see
Just for a moment
Believe and know it

You and me
In reality
Not farther than an inch
A breath or a wish
Distance of a kiss
Another step nearer?
No need is dearer

Than to be right here
My eyes so clear
Let this come true
Lying next to you

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment