Above The Belt

Butterflies
Surprise, surprise
After all I'm just a guy
Rather a beast
Wishing to feast
Upon such beauty
Such fluttering these wings
How I wish indeed
This boy dreams

An affair for the heart
From afar
How do I start?
Or stop
Seems over the top
A lot
Heart's beating
Dare I wonder it's meaning
Seeing what I'm seeing

It's calling
I'm falling
Could I call you darling?
Your name
If only I could blame
Going insane
Siren's voice
Do I even have a choice?
Not just noise

But sound and sight
Heaven's light
Angel's flight
So I gaze
Still stand amazed
Wondering what to say
Don't you already know?
Please don't go
You fly so low

To be mine
Someone so divine
On my mind
Cannot explain
Cupid’s aim
Such pleasure and pain
As if by cupid taught
I find myself caught
In this one thought

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment