Cupid's Arrow

You’re the closest to Heaven... and so I reach
Seems to be a dream...

When today can become someday
Standing here, more than amazed
Eyes wide shut because you know what
There is always that but
Yet we were this so close
A second, a blink, eyes closed

How you leave me breathless
And I just know unless
Some word I might speak
My love is going to leave me
Struggling to find the words
Already you are more than a girl

This moment, a skipped beat
Why oh why did we have to meet
Well I find an angel flying
So I find myself here dying
As if I were Othello
But you're living with a halo

Find my knees getting weak
I glance and sneak a peek
Butterflies, how they try
Still you are so high
Place you high above me
Believing we could be

Only I still fall
Can't you hear my call?
If only just a touch
It won't be enough
Goddess to you I pray
The words I wish to say

There is only one
Here comes the sun
To love you
With each day new
Would be my salvation
Could be my resurrection
Just this night to leave
Cupid's Arrow... I believe

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment