Love For The Haunting

Your memory, which is but a dream
Of a love, of a queen
I thought would be my very own
Do I wish, I’d never known
How to pray I didn’t hope
But still I must cope
With what was never meant to be
Haunting me

And your voice, which is an echo
Unspoken to Othello
More blessed ears than mine
To listen all the time
You sing, you laugh, you love
Will I ever get enough?
Won’t you ever speak?
Haunting me

This hurt upon my heart
As if it were a part
Belonging to your world
No you weren’t my girl
Yet you become a beat
The reason to breathe
Would you ever leave?
Haunting me

Such prose of written no’s
If I had ever let you know
Liking me… yes or no
It could be so
Even if I wrote the letter
Could it be forever?
Dare I flee?
Haunting me

A dream made into memory
Suddenly I see
My fear to love another
Because under the covers
Lies only your ghost
Love can never host
Who is my destiny?
While it’s you that’s haunting me

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment