Thirty-Love

What are the odds of one glance?
Given right here and right now
Can lead to such a chance
I ask myself, why now
To take this chance to serve
For I know not very much
But I am trying to learn
The game of love

And when that glance is returned
With another and your smile
Still I have yet to earn
That it feels like a thousand miles
Wondering shall I respond
Will it even be enough?
Though I am so very fond
The game of love

So to you whom I adore
Some call it a reach… I call it a hand
Maybe a search for something more
I’m still trying to understand
If you will but know me
That’s just it, ifs and buts
Will you try to see?
The game of love

You return with my own thoughts
As if we are a team
For you I have sought
In hopes, in wishes, and dreams
Yet how will I know?
My heart knowing nothing of
With just this word… whoa
The game of love

Love is the final point
Game, set, and, match
A kiss does anoint
There is nothing more I lack

Except the one I court…
You and I have never touched
Playing this sport
The Game of Love

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment