Angelic Depth

 
To fly amongst the living
Like them I come out digging
But I’m not meant for the clouds
What I find is down

 Take my shovel in hand
And I’ll try to understand
Because I know it so well
Yet I choose to find a Hell

 That could be so worthy
So I rush and I hurry
For where I lay my head
Here I am amongst the dead

 *          *          *

 Still I find that there is nothing
It’s why I search for something
Empty, forsaken, call it forlorn
Why I look to be warm

 I’m not a child of the sun
I ain’t no fortunate one
From the skies I am pushed
Tired now and so bushed

 Will I fill this hole?
Or so that is my goal
These longings, I feel someday
This has become a grave

 *          *          *

 As if some grave mistake
If I choose to stay
Give me the whole world
When what I wanted was the girl

 My lover, my girl, my friend
How I want this to end
Tell me I lost that loving feeling
All that’s left is the dealing

 With the dreams of yesterday
Am I wishing for someday?
Who could it be falling?
Listen to the angels calling

 *          *          *

 Dig the hole that much deeper
Then I will be a sound sleeper
A dream of beautiful death
At such an angelic depth

 Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment