Hushing Fingers

When the words I love…
To halt at the lips
As if they would be enough
Started off with a kiss
But were only her fingers
Somehow I think she knew
So her lips they did linger
My passion overgrew

For who would need the word
Pretty words to speak
Is she just another girl?
Hearts play hide and seek
She says it with her touch
Or so I let myself pretend
It’s almost too much
Just Like A Friend

Maybe I’ll just call it lust
If I could say it at all
Which is why you don’t trust
Much to easy to fall
Would I, would you
A schoolboy’s dream
Figured you knew
Don’t let me speak

Because I don’t trust the line
It just wouldn’t be
Should I choose to be blind?
That’s why you silence me
With your moans and whimpers
Can’t say nothing
Beneath your dirty whispers
Here goes nothing

“I love”… and you say “What”
Anything else in the world
Cupid say cut
You’re just a pretty girl
I wonder the time
Will I meet her?
Like you could be mine
Just lie, with hushing fingers

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment