Then… There Was Only Wonder

Then… there was only wonder
Much more than any other
As if I had forgotten thunder
Could it be so fast?
Like she sang At Last
But gone in a flash
For there was light and sound
Do you know what I found?
That we all fall down

Or so I would imagine
Is it really so tragic
Sing, I Believe It’s Magic
Just to tumble down the rabbit hole
Was that not my goal?
Did I not sell my soul?
With All The Things She Said
What HARM in being read
To be better off instead

If it was only Just A Dream
Thoughts of the red queen
And with a cup of tea
It all could go wrong
Should I laugh or yawn
No matter as I’m gone
So ask me what’s the matter
My heart it does shatter
Dare I be the mad hatter?

Would you even understand?
Say I Think I Can
Living in our wonderland
Better still if I knew
Such dreams could come true
You should Let Me Love You
Yet I’m from another world
Are you Alice, or just some girl?
A wish from a Songbird
This heart torn asunder
Cupid’s blunder
All that’s left is the wonder
Love‘s spell I’m under

Copyright © 2012, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment