Missing Some of Everything

Missing something
A brain
Where is the mind when it comes to love?

But you never loved me did you
So what were you thinking?
While I was losing mine
Insanity to think I could have you

Missing something
A moment
Time had a mind of its own

But you had all the time in the world
So what were you doing?
While I lost a year and a half
Waiting on a no

Missing something
A feeling
I once had some

But you still got plenty, fear, pain, but I bet so much joy
So what were you feeling for all that time?
While I was only feeling myself
Guess you were too

Missing something
A heart
I am still

But you’re a Christian and like your Jesus you don’t answer prayers
So what were doing in Heaven or Hell?
While I was giving you all my love
Wasn’t even worth a no

Missing something
A man
No I don’t see you as the lonely type

But you could be a lesbian, bi, or maybe just a bitch
So what were you doing, were you all alone?
While I was busy pretending, trying to grow up, and failing
I’m not a little boy anymore or even a man, I’m no one

Because my brain were those rhymes
My moment was a year and a half
Feelings… I can’t feel anything anymore
This heart was in those long forgotten words
And a man became a monster

So I’m missing me
Before you
After you
I’m missing you
Missing some of everything

Copyright © 2011, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment