At Least Tonight

Tonight you’re something more to me
Than just a dream or fantasy
More than image or illusion
Not a thought of love’s delusion

You are what I wanted most
Most beautiful and not to boast
My goddess, princess, only one
Until the coming of the sun

You’re a girl and I’m a boy
My heart is more than just a toy
Here together as we lay
Making love or we can play



Tonight I’m something more to you
Not a loser not a fool
Neither stalker nor a perv
A lonely boy who wants a girl

I am what you want to do
An artist true and you my muse
No money, power, just our world
All alone a boy and girl

What I am and what I see
A fallen angel next to me
And be this love or be this lust
Lifetime or a moment must



Tonight we’re something more to be
Something more than we may see
More than truth, more than lie
Or a longing, just a sigh

We pretend that we could be
Lovers in our destiny
What I am are you sure?
All you are, you’re not “her”

For tonight I did pretend
That my heart could love again
Though to love I say goodbye
But stay with me at least tonight

Copyright © 2010, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment