Can't Let Go

I can’t let go of innocence
Dream of Heaven no not yet
With my evil and my sin
Without you I won’t get in

I may not have a fear of god
Yes I am a guilty clod
But with you my angel love
There must be bliss for me above

For all the faith inside my heart
A wish to keep though torn apart
To be with you my sweet princess
My love for you so innocent



I can’t let go of darkest sins
Even you I want within
Not made for light but for the dark
Need you too; you have my heart

All my love and wanton lust
Beauty, love you are a must
To be with you I cannot fly
You did ask and I did die

Loving you with all my heart
What I want, to tear you apart
I can’t be knight, hero, or winner
With you to sin for I am a Sinner



I can’t let go the words I write
Though I die they bring me life
They bring my sins the world to see
At least in dreams, bring you to me

They bring the love I cannot speak
Bring desire bring the need
All the knowledge that’s not enough
But this boy still dreams of love

Every word a spark of light
Or the dark, the blackest night
Don’t want my words; I speak of thee
I can’t let go; words are me



I can’t let go of my own heart
Though you stripped it, torn apart
Nothing more than pieces see
But I have a heart at least

I can’t let go of my love
Though I know it’s not enough
No home, no gold, not even Christ
Love and I and we’re not nice

So if you wonder why I’m here
What I am is only fear
Loving you I try to do
And I can’t let go of you

Copyright © 2010, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment