Why Me, Why You

Why am I here?
Because you are there
You wouldn’t come near
And you wouldn’t care

Why are you there?
Because I am here
A monster to fear
An angel steers clear



Why do I stare?
You turn away
I am amazed
Your beauty today

Why do you turn?
I continue to stare
I’m ugly I learn
Wish I weren’t there



Why do I go?
You continue to stay
Because I do know
I’ll return someday

Why do you stay?
Seeing me go
You sent me away
And don’t care to know



Why do I love?
Knowing you hate
I’ve never known such
My heart you do break

Why do you hate?
I’ve fallen in love
The evil I say
And I’m not enough



Why am I me?
When you are you
I’ll never be
The one for you

Why are you, you?
And I am me
I do love you
You’ll never love me

Copyright © 2010, Will A. Bradford Jr. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment